Mittwoch, 10. März 2010

Andrew Bohrer

or he did it again...

Long time ago Andrew write something about me in one of his great articles:

Andrew’s 2.5 rules on what you can make a drink out of and what you can’t are simple. 1. don’t mix what you can’t afford. Don’t mix what you aren’t good enough to handle. And, don’t mix what doesn’t exist anymore. This is questionable, I’d make a pre prohibition whiskey old fashioned, but I wouldn’t brag about it.

I met Mike Meinke, of Triobar in Berlin a couple weeks back, we were discussing Thomas Handy Rye, just named America’s best rye. I told him that I didn’t like it but I thought it would make an amazing Sazerac, if only I could trust/afford to have someone make me one. The Mike laid down his house Sazerac which is a follows.
Take one bottle of Thomas Handy Rye, boil in with sugar.
You now have a $100 bottle of non-alcoholic rye whiskey simple syrup.
Chill your glass by filling it with ice,
1.5 ounces of absinthe and top it with champagne.
Mix the rye with the rye syrup, 3 dashes of Peychauds,
dump the “death in the afternoon” you made and pour the cocktail in the glass,
twist of lemon.

I just did the poor man’s version for a friend last week,
$25 bottle of bourbon simple, with Vintage 23 rye,
a Shot of Marteau absinthe with French sparkling wine.
This was only about a $60 cocktail.
I’ll generally try not to brag, but this was the best drink I ever made.
It took me years of work to be able to factor in every skill to make it,
and summer for it to have a lemon good enough
and be lucky enough to be shown the drink by Mike.
You know, not to put too much pressure on the guy offering you a Woodford Manhattan from his drink menu, but, consider his skill.


at this time, that i meet him, i thinks he hates me and how i do my job...
but maybe i was only wrong and he just needs more time...

Here another great article from Mr. Bohrer:

Andrew Bohrer, ich wünscht ich wäre auch aus Lego...

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen